Store-bought baby washes (like other cleaners) are full of artificial ingredients, and they’re pretty darn expensive. This homemade baby wash works great, smells great, and is all natural! You’ll need a 16-ounce amber or cobalt glass pump bottle. Not sure where to get one? Check here.
- 1/4 cup liquid unscented castile soap
- 1-1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp xantham gum (thickening agent; find it in the health section at the grocery store)
- 2 tsp fractionated coconut oil
- 20 drops essential oil of choice (I use lavender)
- Mix water, coconut oil, and essential oils in a blender for 3-5 seconds.
- Add xantham gum. Blend for 5-7 seconds, or until thickened.
- Add liquid castile soap and pulse (do NOT blend!) 2-4 times to incorporate.
- Pour into pump bottle.
- Shake gently before each use to ensure all ingredients are mixed well.
- For a full tub, use 4-5 pumps of baby wash.
- This recipe = 36 cents per ounce
- Aveeno baby wash at Walmart = 50 cents per ounce
Don’t want to make it yourself? Buy it now!