Household cleaners are expensive and full of chemicals and harsh, artificial ingredients. This simple recipe is a great cleaner for all surfaces from your kitchen to your bathroom! And, it’s easy to make and inexpensive!
- 2 cups filtered water (I use RO)
- 1 tsp borax (find it by the laundry detergent)
- 1/2 tsp washing soda (find it by the laundry detergent)
- 1 tsp unscented liquid castile soap
- 15-20 drops essential oil of your choice (I use 10 lemon and 10 OnGuard)
- Add water, borax, and washing soda to a small saucepan.
- Whisk over heat until borax and washing soda dissolve completely.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool slightly.
- Gently whisk in castile soap and essential oils.
- Pour into glass bottle.
That’s it! Simply spray it on the surface to be cleaned, and wipe clean with a warm, damp rag. For stickier, messier messes, allow to sit for a few minutes before wiping.