Have you ever read the ingredients on the Vaporub jar? I used to use that stuff all the time, and I always felt like it really cleared my nasal passages and chest congestion. When I started making my own health remedies, this was definitely one I wanted to try! This recipe uses one of doTERRA’s proprietary blends, Breathe, which contains the essential oils Laurel Leaf, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Melaleuca, Lemon, Cardamom, Ravintsara, and Ravensara. This recipe is safe for babies, kids, and adults! You’ll need a two-ounce glass jar or steel tin for storage. Not sure where to get one? Check here.
- Put coconut oil and beeswax into a glass pitcher (I like to use the Pyrex glass measuring pitchers because I can measure right in them, microwave in them, and pour easily from them!).
- Heat in microwave until melted, approx. 2-2.5 minutes.
- Add Breathe, and mix well (a whisk works best).
- Pour into a glass jar for storage.
- Allow to cool before capping.
Apply to chest as needed to alleviate cough and congestion.
- This recipe = $1.65 per ounce
- Vaporub at Walmart = $2.83 per ounce