Have you ever read the ingredients on the Vaporub jar? I used to use that stuff all the time, and I always felt like it really cleared my nasal passages and chest congestion. When I started making my own health remedies, this was definitely one I wanted to try! This recipe uses one of doTERRA’s proprietary blends, Breathe, which contains the essential oils Laurel Leaf, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Melaleuca, Lemon, Cardamom, Ravintsara, and Ravensara. This recipe is safe for babies, kids, and adults! You’ll need two 2-ounce glass jars or steel tins (or one 4-ounce jar or tin) for storage. Not sure where to get one? Check here.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- 15 drops Breathe essential oil blend
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops cardamom essential oil
- Put coconut oil and beeswax into a glass pitcher (I like to use the Pyrex glass measuring pitchers because I can measure right in them, microwave in them, and pour easily from them!).
- Heat in microwave in 30-second intervals until melted, approx. 2-2.5 minutes.
- Add essential oils, and mix well (a whisk works best).
- Pour into a jars or tins for storage.
- Allow to cool before capping.
Apply to chest and upper back as needed to alleviate cough and congestion.
- This recipe = $1.65 per ounce
- Vaporub at Walmart = $2.83 per ounce
Don’t want to make it yourself? Buy it now!