I’ve struggled with acne my entire life (even now well into my 30s), and I’ve never found anything that I thought really helped. A few things made it a bit better, but nothing cleared me up completely. Fast forward to about a month ago when I got into making A LOT of my own health & beauty and cleaning products. I decided to give face wash a try, and WOW! After a good deal of research on which ingredients to use, I came up with this awesome recipe. It will work well for ALL skin types, and it helps with acne and other breakouts!
Some of the most sensitive skin on our entire body is on our face. Now, keep that in mind, and take a look at the ingredients in your current face wash. No really, go look. How many things are unrecognizable? Unpronounceable? Artificial? All that stuff can’t possibly be good for your skin – especially the sensitive skin of your face. This recipe is all-natural, making it ideal for all skin types and for sensitive skin.
Since it doesn’t have preservatives, I make it as needed in small batches. The recipe below will fill an 8-ounce foaming pump bottle about 2/3 full. Not sure where to get the bottle? Check here.
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp liquid castile soap
- 1 tbsp carrier oil of choice (Not sure which one to choose? Check out this post. I use grapeseed oil.)
- 15 drops essential oils of choice (Not sure which ones to choose? Check out this post. I use 10 melaleuca and 5 lavender.)
- Add all ingredients to a foaming pump bottle in the order listed (I find a funnel to be helpful).
- Shake gently to combine.
- Shake gently before each use.
- Use one pump per wash.
- This recipe: 31 cents per ounce
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Scrub at Walmart, $1.29 per ounce
Looking for a great lightweight moisturizer? My homemade lotion recipe is great for the WHOLE BODY! I use it every day on my face!