Because pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils are so potent, it’s recommended that you store your homemade products in glass containers rather than plastic. Many people even prefer to store in cobalt (dark blue) or amber glass containers to keep out the light. Depending how fast you’ll be using the product and where it will be stored when not in use, that’s a great option. My general rule of thumb is if you’ll be using the product within three months and you can store it in a cool, dark place when not in use, clear glass is perfectly ok for storage. Steel cans are also a good option.
Most health markets will carry the storage containers you’ll need for the recipes on this site. Since I make quite a bit, I buy the containers on Amazon. I’ve provided links below to the containers I use for your convenience. Since I’m a Prime member, all of the items are Prime eligible, which means you’ll get free two-day shipping if you’re a Prime member too! Purchasing through the links I’ve provided doesn’t affect your price at all, but it does help me! I have an affiliate partnership with Amazon, so I get a small commission whenever you purchase through the links. That commission helps me fund this site, so thank you for your support!
- 1 oz amber spray bottles, 12 count
- 4 oz cobalt spray bottles, 6 count
- 8 oz cobalt spray bottles, 2 count
- 16 oz cobalt spray bottles, 2 count
- 8 oz amber pump bottle, 4 count
- 8.5 oz plastic foaming pump bottle, 3 count
- 16 oz cobalt pump bottle, 2 count
- 2 oz amber jar with lid, 12 count
- 4 oz cobalt jar with lid and labels, 6 count
- 4 oz steel jar with lid, 24 count