I have struggled with acne my entire life, and I’m now well into my 30s. As a teenager, I visited the dermatologist monthly, and he had me on every product you can possibly imagine–including Accutane. I realize most of you don’t know what that is, but here’s what I can tell you about Accutane: doctors only prescribe it after they’ve tried EVERYTHING else with no success. Alas, it worked while I was taking it, but as soon as I stopped, the acne came right back. It’s also so awful for your body that you can only be on it for a few months at a time and no more than three total times in your lifetime! Needless to say, I wasn’t impressed and finally decided to just deal with the acne.
Fast forward almost 20 years, and I finally found relief! I now make my own skin care line–including a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. It’s far less expensive than store-bought products, and it actually works! It’s easy to make, too! Be sure to only use certified pure therapeutic grade oils. I use and recommend doTERRA oils.
- Add 15-25 drops *essential oils of choice to the roller bottle (I use 10 lemon, 10 melaleuca, and 5 lavender)
- Fill the bottle approximately 1/3 full with raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (with the “mother”)
- Fill the bottle the rest of the way with filtered water
- Cap and shake (and shake before each use)
- Add 15-25 drops *essential oils of choice to the roller bottle (I use the same oils and amounts as in the toner)
- Fill the bottle with *carrier oil of choice
- Cap and shake
*Your chosen essential oils and carrier oils will vary depending on your personal skin care needs. If you’re not sure which oils to use, check out this post for great recommendations. Different oils can have amazing benefits for dry skin, scarring, wrinkles, and more!!
Ideally, you should wash your face twice per day. Always cleanse first, being careful not to scrub your face too vigorously. Facial skin is quite thin and sensitive and can be easily irritated by too much friction. Pat your face dry, or allow it to air dry. Roll toner on problem areas. You may not need it on your entire face! Rub in gently with your fingertips. Allow toner to dry, and then apply moisturizer to your entire face in the same manner.